Monday, September 22, 2008

Optimist


Im a glass half full kinda guy. I like to think that things will always turn out for the best and that everything is O.K. Although, I've recently been getting more and more into the old Miami Bass sound, and the amount of crap thats out there simply astounds me. Just when I thought that things couldn't possibly get any worse, I stumbled across this album. The title didnt leave much to the imagination, "Booty Bass Ballads". This is something, that when listened to, you have to ask, who rubber stamped this one. Spice Girls's "2 Become 1" and Aerosmith's slow dance classic "I Dont Want To Miss A Thing" are 2 tracks given the booty treatment proving that before trance and b-more came along Miami Bass was leading the charge in crap "dance" covers, but like I said im an optimist and this is perfect to have on when your layin pipe on the regular




To redeem myself now I picked up a lil sumthin sumthin in the depths of the internet from 2 of my favourite artists, Si Begg and Salim Rafiq. Anyone who got the "Fuel Presents:" Salim Rafiq cd a few years back will know this guy is seriously good and what can you say about Si Begg that hasnt been said already? A real hero of mine, championing the big bass sound for years, donning his Buckfunk 3000 moniker for this remix.
For people looking for a Crookers esque hit avoid this one, for the serious heads watchya bass bins!




And from the old to the new with two of my fav artists at the moment "Drums of Death" with "Drop The Lime" on remix duties. This ones been around for a while but for those who haven't gotten it yet, here you go.

No comments: