Monday, November 17, 2008

Crafty Beggars Meet the Artists (Gaetan Billault)




Gaetan Billault - 26 - France.

Q: Where are you from?
A: Orleans, France.

Q: Are you studying?
A: No, I studied in France. I did 2 years of Graphic Design, and 2 years of Conception & Creation for my Degree.
.
Q: How would you describe yourself as an artist?
A: More of a Graphic Designer than an Illustrator, but i think that those two go hand in hand. I incorporate fashion into some of my works also, so id consider myself a Designer.

Q: What kind of style do you have?
A: Naturalistic and organic with a fake naive inspiration.

Q: What do you use for your creations?
A: I try to use everything - Multimedia, textiles, fabric etc etc.

Q: What are your thoughts on the Dublin art scene?
A: I feel like it is getting better, but compared to Paris its so much smaller and slightly behind. It isnt so easy to exhibit your work too. I feel like working as a Graphic Designer i am sometimes limiting myself also, but Dublin is progressing and fast so i am sure in another year things will have changed dramatically.

Q: What can we expect on the night?
A: Small scale drawings, possibly on postcards. I have work displayed at Versus on Smock Alley until Thursday 23rd, so it will be something along those lines.

Q: Peanut Butter or Jelly?
A: Disgusting. Ha.

No comments: