Wednesday, December 3, 2008

New Jack

I first got into DJing through my love for all things New Jack. This was way back in the mid 90s and I was being educated in this field by a dude I went to school with. We missed the boat on the whole thing first time around on account of us being about 5 when Teddy Riley and Bobby Brown were doing their thing, but the discovery of films like 'Boyz N the Hood', 'House Party' and obviously 'New Jack City' opened up a whole new world of music for us. I've posted below, just for nostalgia's sake, a few of my favorites and also a sweet remix of  Bell Biv Devoe's classic 'Poison'

Jade - Don't Walk Away (1993)


Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison (1990)


Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way (1990)


TLC - Ain't Too Proud To Beg (1992)



Some 'modern' music tomorrow ;)

No comments: