Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mmmathias

MMMATHIAS


This German producer is becoming more and more popular amongst the blog world and his name keeps popping up everywhere. The good thing about Mmmathias is that doesn't turn every song into a complete banger and he has the balls to attempt the impossible - remixing Sigur Ros. When I first saw that Saeglopur had been remixed, I was thinking "Nobody should ever try remix Sigur Ros". But I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that Mmmathias had kept the beauty of Saeglopur while making it danceable.
So I went looking for the rest of his stuff and I found his remix of "The Youth" by MGMT, which is for me, their best song. He cuts up the vocals nicely in this remix, he keeps the chilled feel to it while managing to make it club worthy. Its addictive.
And to top it all off, he then releasd his "Mmmathias Mmmix Jjjuly" which again surprised me, by showing that he has a taste for the more banging side of things. This being one of the best mixtapes I've heard this year.

Sigur Ros - Saeglopur (MMMatthias Remix)



MGMT - The Youth (MMMatthias Remix)



Mmmathias Mmmix Jjjuly





1. DJ Mehdi - Pocket Piano (Chewy Chocolate Cookies Remix)
2. PNAU & Ladyhawke - Embrace (Fred Falke & Miami Horror Remix)
3. Anoraak - Nightdrive with you (Grum Remix)
4. Van She - Strangers (Strip Steve Remix)
5. A-Trak - Say Whoa
6. Crookers - Sveglia (Original Edit)
7. Little Boots - Stuck on Repeat (Fake Blood Remix)
8. Monosurround - Cocked Locked (Fukkk Offf Remix)
9. Coldplay - Death and all his friends (MMMatthias Remix)
10.Shadow Dancer - Cowbois

No comments: